Thursday, September 14, 2006

Matt. 7:7-11

"Ask and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find. Knock and the door shall be opened unto you...how much more does your Father in Heaven give good gifts to them that ask him?"

God, as my caring Father, loves to give me good things. Perhaps this is comparable to Ps. 84:11 that says, "No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."
Of course, it doesn't say that He will alays give me what I want, when I want it. I must be asking for the right thing. If my heart is in tune with God's then we will be on the same wavelength in the asking-receiving department.

I'm so glad God knows exactly what is good for me, and that He delights in giving what is good for me to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that God has been presented so negatively, that we forget he is good.

Yes, he is a God of judgment, but he is also a God of love. He wants the best for his children.

When we want what he wants,(to bless other, to see people delivered and to do what he has called us to do and etc) then you are right he won't with hold those good things from us and delights in giving them to us.

Em said...

hey girl
when are you going to do more posting??? I really miss them
I miss you too!!
Love ya
Em