Friday, April 21, 2006

Pray for Brazil


Wow, today's chapel speaker was pretty neat! The ministry he has in Brazil has sent my "heart afire" for world-wide missions...once again.
I'm ready to pack up and leave and not come back! It was so encouraging to hear that he and his wife are not planning on retiring in the US. Today's missionaries have often lost the sense of dedication and commitment this family possesses.
So, I'm really thinking about visiting Brazil and getting involved in that ministry! So pray for me to know if it's God's will or if He has something else for me. I sure don't know...but I wouldn't complain if He wanted me there in Brazil--even as a single missionary! Since that's been my most recent struggle, I was actually kind of surprized when I realized that if God called me to Brazil to work with Dr. Tom and his wife, it really wouldn't bother me so bad to be single. Oh sure, it'd still be nice to get married and have a family someday, but when God calls, nothing else matters, huh? Not when you're in tune with Him. So pray...
1. For Brazil--wide open door of opportunity to spread the gospel!
2. Dr. Tom and his wife Penny--they need fellowlaborers to join them in the harvest
3. Me--to know if I should pursue this or not, and if so that God will provide
4. The rest of the world--it's a needy place, and so ready to receive the gospel, if only people would go. I will do my part, but I am only one person and I can only be in one place at a time...

2 comments:

Em said...

Al,
We are in the middle of missions conf. I know what you mean about wanting to go now. Thanks for sharing about brazil. isn't it exciting to see the Lord at work!!
Love ya,
Em

Dave Marriott said...

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king...if you could tickle yourself you'd never leave your house