Saturday, August 19, 2006

It's Through the Blood

While I was at camp, I was really moved by the music we sang during the services. The spirit of the staff was really focused on the cross and it was really sweet to dwell on. While driving somewhere, probably to church, my friend that was driving had a CD with a song that he really liked on it, so we searched and searched for the right song and we finally found it. Here it is.

When I think of Heaven, and all the sights I'll see:
The walls of jasper, gates of pearl, the clear and golden street.
Why should I be present? Why should I enter in?
After all the sinful living, and the wicked one I've been.

In the presence of Jehovah, as I stand before the throne,
The accuser of the brethren starts to read the things I've done
As I hear the awful charges, the question fills my mind:
Why should I not be put in Hell to suffer for all time?

It's through the blood, that's all I have to cling;
It's through the blood that Jesus shed for me.
Not by works of my own righteousness,
For filthy rags are they.
But because of that old rugged tree,
Hanging on dark Calvary,
That is my only plea;
It's through the blood!

When I'm walking through a valley, and I feel there's no way out.
When the winds of sorrow threaten me, and they turn my world around.
That's when I look to Jesus and the price He paid for me;
I can lift my hands in praise to Him and shout the victory!

It's through the blood, that's all I have to cling;
It's through the blood that Jesus shed for me.
Not by works of my own righteousness,
For filthy rags are they.
But because of that old rugged tree,
Hanging on dark Calvary,
That is my only plea;
It's through the blood!

Oh precious is the flow that makes me white as snow!
No other fount I know! It's through the blood.
It's through the blood.

You can listen to it here: http://www.victoriousvalleyhomes.com/wm/throughtheblood.wma

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that I also had heard this song while I was at summer camp and i have been looking for it eversince and I LOVE THE LORD . Thank you for not being ashamed to put this up on the internet.

P.S. Smile, Jesus Loves You!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the words to this song. My daughter and I are going to sing it in church and needed to find the words to it. It is a beautiful song that gives me goosebumps and tears everytime I hear it.

Anonymous said...

I heard this song on the Dugger's show, 18 Kids and Counting and fell in love. Such a beautiful song! <3 God Bless!

Khione S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey guy's just had a quick question, has anyone got the words to the song, " None of these things move me"? I think it may be a really old song from back in the 1900"s maybe; But I have looked everywhere for it!!!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where to get a soundtrack to this song?