Saturday, August 19, 2006

Well, I've tried to put pictures up from camp, but it hasn't worked yet. Maybe now it will...
Anyway, camp was great. I had a blast. I was able to see about 5 of my campers saved and one from a different cabin. That was totally awesome! I still keep in touch with some of them. This little girl from my church in LA wrote me a letter today. It was really cute, addressed to "Miss Alyssa" or should she have said "Missa Lyssa!" "Because it rhymes! Get it? Missa Lyssa! It rhymes!" This is all said in a deep Southern accent. Soo cute on a ten year old.
Well, the Lord did a lot of construction on my heart this summer. He saw fit to take my sister through a dark valley mid-summer. She had a stroke one Sunday morning in July and was in the hospital for about a week and a half. That week I actually didn't have campers, but I didn't get to go up to NC and see her. The Lord was working though. I've always kind of felt bad because I never really had to trust Him for anything big. I mean, my school bill is paid off, and you always hear of people who have no idea how they are going to make it, but the Lord works and they come back semester after semester. Well, the valleys in life teach trust, and He works all things together for good. The spirit at camp was so encouraging, and it was not uncommon for fellow staff members to ask me how my sister was doing, or for them to stop what they were doing to pray with me. Amen!
Well, I don't like long blogs, so I'll split it up!

No comments: