Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Holiness

I'm reading this book Missions in a New Millenium for one of my classes, and here is a quote that is quite profound.
The great God of the universe...inhabits human beings themselves, members of the church. With such great truth comes grave responsibility, for this bodily temple is the residence of deity, and everything about this temple must be holy.
Wow...the Lord has really been convicting me in the last month or so about holiness--it was really hammered in at SGI, and through some books I was reading (Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges especially). I John 2:1 says in effect that he wrote what he did that we "sin not." Not that we might sin less. That we sin not. At all. Not even a little bit. Not for even "a few whiles." I mean, come on, that perfect and sinless Deity is residing in us...can we not give up a few earthly pleasures for His glory?
This is definitely a thought-in-progress.

No comments: