Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nothin' Movin'

So what doesn't move me? Well, as the apostle Paul said, "And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." (Acts 20:24) Later on, Paul confronts the people that were mourning the thought of his arrest, saying, "What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." (Acts 21:13)
Yes, this world is so tempting, and the desires of it strong, but none of these things should move me. It is my heart's prayer that I, too, would be ready not to be bound only, but also to die...for the name of the Lord Jesus!

No comments: