Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Revival meetings

Well I had the awesome opportunity to visit Rock Lake Baptist Church tonight for their revival meetings with John Van Geldren. It was so good. The Lord really challenged my heart.
Bro. VG was preaching on Gal. 2:20--"For I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me..." That last phrase was a point of his. He was saying how it's actually, literally Christ living in us. Let that idea grip your heart and stick to your brain! So I was really pondering it, and wow, it's changing my life. If I am truly crucified with Him, I am dead to sin--no longer married to it, and it has no dominion over my soul. I am now married to Christ and yet I still struggle. Why? Because my spirit wars against my flesh. But it is Christ in me living out through my life, so the victory is really already won! Are my responses like Christ's responses would be? Because it is Christ in me. I was just listening to a song on a tape (yes, it's a cassette, not a CD, what can I say? they're old school!) and this song is so relevent, so I'm going to post it.

My hands are the Lord's hands
Without me, how can His work be done?
I will reach where He would reach,
Lovingkindness in my touch.
I'll be His healing hands to everyone.

My feet are the Lord's feet.
Without me, how can He walk with the poor?
I will go where He would go,
Blessing others as I do.
For Him I'll walk where I've never walked before.

Help me, Lord, let me give to my neighbor
What you would give if You were here.
Help me, Lord, let me live so my neighbor
Will know that You are always near.

My mouth is the Lord's mouth,
Without me, how can His voice be heard?
I will say what He would say.

Speaking love and life each day.
And everyone who's near will hear His word.

I don't really like the "Without me" lines, but my hands, feet, and mouth are the Lord's; do they look like it? Do I do, go, and say what would characterize Christ?


1 comment:

Dave Marriott said...

hey i heard someone got saved at those on wed. night...