Monday, February 06, 2006

Declaration of the Cross

A friend of mine from camp wrote this, being stirred to write something of the Lord Jesus. I thought it quite profound, and he gave me permission to post it here with the prayer that it will be a help to you in fueling the passion for our blessed Saviour.

Declaration of the Cross by Leon Wong

At the cross, where the Savior died, I was there.

Behold! The meek and innocent Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world! I saw Him who commanded the Legions of Heaven, humiliated by the vilest of His creation. Falsely accused and forsaken by family, followers, choicest friends and the Cherished Father.

He walked the path of the Cross.

Scourged by injustice, the nine feline demons clawed the backbone of Creation. With each stripe, they took hold of the Creator and ripped His glory, bit by bit. Smeared the Water of Life over the cesspool of unholy hatred. With devilish glee they hailed the King of Kings, clothed His batter’d frame in royal garments. They ripped that robe off his healing wounds- the dried blood flowed once more.

Stones hurling, mockery spitting, the hordes cheering, the drumbeat of Lucifer deafening! I heard the heart of my Savior singing, “It is for you beloved ones, I die. Gladly on the altar of justice, I lie.” Strengthened by unearthly love for the unlovable, He carried the Petabulum of the Cross.
Stumbled and crawled in the dust to Golgotha times without number, they hastened Him with a horse’s whip.

The bleat of innocence! When the nails fastened Him to His executor. Unashamed, He hung on the pinnacle of Satan, for all His creation to see- The Epitome of the Father’s Love. As the victorious soldier danced o’er the ill-gotten gains, my Savior gazed on the faces of the multitudes there. Familiar, yet unfamiliar. Had He not fed them with bread? Had He not restored their infirmities? Had He not taught them on the Mount?

Nonetheless, no one stood by Him. He never knew them.
And while He thought on those things, his mouth parched dry, as the Fountain of Life gushed out, the Bread of Heaven broken to tens of thousand crumbs.

Yet this excruciating pain was not simmered, but dwarfed, by the forsaking of His Abba, Who stripped Him hollow of Himself and His very character- the Holiness and Righteousness that girded His very existence. All at once, the nails at His hands and feet numbed, the weight of His body forgotten by the Weight of Sin. His breathing unconscious, the smirk of a thousand demons blurred, the scorn of self-exalted mankind oblivious, the crown of sin that pierced His Holy Crown- insignificant, when the Windows of Heaven shut- God separated from God. It is finished.

At the cross where my Savior died, I was there.

No Burden is heavier than His Cross,
No Sacrifice, no greater Loss,
No Injustice, too lowly for me to bear,
No Pain, no Grief, too great a Care,
No Regrets,
No Retreats,
No Return.

For I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
Yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:
And the life which I now live in the flesh,
I live by the faith of the Son of God,
Who loved me,
And gave Himself for me.

At the cross where My Savior died, I am there.

No comments: